>> Can anybody recommend a IDE for Python.

>There is PythonWin as you said. ActiveState has two commercial IDEs,
>Visual Python which is a plugin for Visual Studio .NET, and Komodo, a
>Mozilla-based IDE that runs on Windows and Linux.

I'm partial to Komodo. The price is right (just a couple hundred bucks).
The product is easy to use and has all the features I've needed so far.
It also works well with all of the languages I normally use (PERL, Java,
Python, Javascript) and related stuff - XML, XSLT, and HTML. One tool
for both platforms with one learning curve.