-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Trent
Mick
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 3:43 PM
To: Bruce Peterson
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: (no subject)

[Bruce Peterson wrote]
> Can anybody recommend a IDE for Python. As a newbie I've been using the
> basic pythonwin that comes with the ActiveState distribution. Using
> PythonWin reminds me of coding with old Fortran compilers from the early
> 70s. I know there are a couple of IDEs out there (ActiveState has one for
> .Net) -- what are people's experiences/recommendations.

There is PythonWin as you said. ActiveState has two commercial IDEs,
Visual Python which is a plugin for Visual Studio .NET, and Komodo, a
Mozilla-based IDE that runs on Windows and Linux.

You should take a look at this list:

http://www.python.org/editors/

Trent

--