I'm in favor of MyFaces for Trinidad.   I would like to see Trinidad
as the basis for Tomahawk JSF 1.2.

However, if there is no interest in merging Tomahawk and Trinidad,
then going with a TLP would be better.

Right now, Tobago is in the state you described below -- You're either
using Tobago (and no other component set), or you're using Tomahawk
and other component sets.   It's next to impossible to have oversight
over both projects since Tobago is mutually-exclusive of other
component sets.   At one point, the Tobago people were interested in
making Tobago more compatible with Tomahawk and other component sets,
but discussion on how that would happen ever materialized beyond my
initial questions.