Martin v.d.B.,

I spent a bit of time answering your various points.   I've answered
them below, but I think that's hiding the real question.

"What does Trinidad want to be when it grows up?"

Where does the Trinidad community see future development going?   Is
the plan to simply finish debugging what's out there?  Is the idea to
add more components?  Is the goal to become the "best" general purpose
JSF component set?  Or is there a more narrow focus on what it means
to be "Trinidad"?

I think either possiblity is good.   Tobago shows that a
narrow-focused JSF component set can be useful and successful.   TLP
makes good sense for a narrow-focused JSF component set.

On the other hand, if Trinidad wants to be a (Dare I say "The"?)
general purpose component set, then MyFaces community acceptance is
probably a good target to hit.   That's going to happen better as part
of the MyFaces community rather than as an independent TLP.  The
ad-hoc approach taken thus far for Tomahawk leaves something to be
desired in my opinion, so there's an opportunity available.

I think the "Next Step" should be taken by considering "where do you
want to go today."  (Yes, I've got a warped sense of humor.   It's
late and I spent the day with the inlaws.)