At 03:34 PM 11/30/2004, you wrote:
Eric wrote:

... It is also getting a lot
easier to do MVC with PHP. For example a guy ported CGI::Application to PHP
and that combined with Smarty template is pretty close to what you would be
doing with Perl and does avoid at least a lot of the mess I see with a lot
of PHP collections.

This is very interesting! A question:
Can PHP also be programed in inheritance classes? For example, one can
seperate a C cgi into different pieces as MVC, but without inheritance
or the ability of re-use of the classes, the seperation is less useful,
although it still helps a lot in the development.

That I am not as sure about, but I seem to remember hearing that PHP 5 at least does now have real scoping. Sounds like a search engine question to me. Before 5 lack of that made its objects a sad joke. But that is part of the problem, every single damn thing that is added to PHP is added to PHP. It just keep growing and growing. Even now XML-RPC is a part of the default install, WHY??? And so many things have to be complied in in order for them to work, if they are not included to start off with. That was another thing that made me think there is no way I can do PHP and just pretend it is Perl somehow.

Lead Programmer
D.M. Contact Management
250.383.8267 ext 229