On Sunday 17 October 2004 07:49, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Shlomi> The history of this article is a bit eventful. What I can say
> Shlomi> is that I sent it to Freshmeat.net because I saw that my
> Shlomi> editor at O'ReillyNet was not responsive. However, after it
> Shlomi> was sent, I received some more commentary from him, which I
> Shlomi> did not respond to or integrate yet. The Freshmeat article
> Shlomi> eventually was edited and published, afterwards without this
> Shlomi> commentary, because its editor invested time in publishing
> Shlomi> it. It is still mostly pertinent.
>
> You are apparently not taking seriously anything that is being said
> that is critical of you.

Why do you think so?

> Your story above also argues for that.  In
> fact, it says that Freshmeat is willing to publish any random
> half-thought-through opinion, which means that it's about as worthless
> as a blog. I'd admire that O'ReillyNet failed to accept your dribble
> as requested.

That's not quite accurate. I sent the article to the O'Reilly Net editor a few
times, in which he passed critique on it. The last time I sent it to him, I
waited for quite a long time, and so believed I won't get an answer.
Throughout the all time, I wasn't sure that the article will be published
there and the editor's purpose was to make sure the article was good enough.

After I waited for a while, I sent it to the Freshmeat editor. Then, a few
days since, I received a reply from the O'Reilly Net editor with extra
critique of the article. I did not have a chance to respond to it, because I
was busy in other things. A few days afterwards, I received a notice from the
Freshmeat editor that he edited the article, and was about to publish it. So
it had to be published there.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish      [EMAIL PROTECTED]