On Monday 18 October 2004 01:21, Adam Turoff wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 02:22:29PM +0200, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > I wrote a critique of where Perl 6 is heading. It was published in
> > Freshmeat:
> >
> > http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/1339/
>
> Where you say, in part:
>
>       Why Perl 6 is Bad?
>
>       No one Understands Perl 6
>
>       Having read this title, you are probably thinking to yourself: "So
>       you don't understand Perl 6. What makes you think everyone else
>       doesn't? How do you justify this inductive thinking?" Let me tell
>       you a little story:
>
>       One day, I met with a good friend of mine (whom I highly appreciate
>       both as a person and as a software engineer), and I asked him if he
>       reads the Apocalypses. He said he does, but that he doesn't
>       understand them. This eventually made me realize that I also read
>       them, and also did not understand many things. And neither he nor I
>       are particularly stupid people. And here's an interesting quote from
>       the famous Weblog "Joel on Software": "Whenever somebody gives you a
>       spec for some new technology, if you can't understand the spec,
>       don't worry too much. Nobody else is going to understand it, either,
>       and it's probably not going to be important." (Read more at the link).
>
> If you can say this with a straight face, then you must not have
> listened to the rationale for Perl6, nor heard the four years' worth of
> reiteration of that rationale.
>
> No, no one knows how to program in Perl 6.  And that will continue to be
> the case for another few years.  And, no, this is not a problem.

You are mistaking two things. When I said no-one understands Perl 6, I meant
that no-one understands the subset of Perl 6 that was presented by Larry Wall
in the Apocalypses, and was considered a _final subset_ of the Perl 6
functionality. I wasn't refering to the language as a whole as it is yet
unkown.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish      [EMAIL PROTECTED]