Totally agree with you bjorn,

I was merely poking fun at my newbie error there (a mistake I made once
on a dev box) and was no slight of mod_perl.

I would use mod_perl by default on any web perl projects, the question for
me became why on this blue marble I wouldn't use mod_perl? Doddle install,
rocket performance, slam dunk.

On a previous point, I should entertain the possibility that my perception
of how much time it would take for me to learn perl properly may be wrong,
since I've never done it!

I have the greatest respect and admiration for the people who have made perl
the success that it is and are building it's future.

Perl enables others to get results in their lives. I can scarcely imagine
the aggregate benefit to civilisation that is accumulating as a result.

The world has enough nay-sayers with no plans for a better tomorrow, and I
identify 100% with you people in opting to do something positive that makes
the world a better place, creating and sharing something new and useful.

I have quit my job after 21 years to cut out on my own. Once I have my
financial future fortified i.e. my freedom won, there are lot's of things
I want to do for the community, maybe because I was bullied at school I
don't know, but in any event it's in step with my ethical aspirations.

The perl community have my best wishes as a matter of principle, and
I predict Perl is in my future, even if I don't get to use it myself.

tom cowap
dublin, ireland