In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Shlomi Fish
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Now as I've mentioned before there are several huge problems with
> learn.perl.org:

Your definition of  "huge" is probably colored by "I didn't invent it".

> 1. It hasn't been maintained in several years now.

It's been updated for perldoc.perl.org (which is a lot younger than
"several" years) and lists the latest edition of Learning Perl, which
we published last year.

> 2. Its front page contains a list of books, most of which are not available
> online and nothing else.

The front page starts with a pointer to the Perl documentation. The
list of books are at the bottom.

The first paragraph has links to www.cpan.org and www.perl.org. Between
those two, you have links to all of the important Perl information.

Who cares if the books are available online? Those are the books I
would recommend to people.

The "Online Library" link takes you to a page that has the full text of
several books available for free online.

> 3. There aren't any links to online tutorials anywhere on the site.

Which tutorials do you want listed?

> 4. There aren't any links to other important online resources (wikis, mailing
> lists, etc. either.

As I showed earlier, it already links to www.perl.org, as known as "The
Perl Directory". That's the only important link it really needs.

Mailing lists on the front page: tips, beginners, beginners-digest,
beginners-cgi, beginners-cgi-digest, release-announce, jobs

There is also a pointer to nntp.perl.org.

> 5. The beginners-workers mailing list is closed for subscribers and has
> become
> completely unresponsive.

Completely unresponsive or just unresponsive to you? I don't see any
reason it needs to be open to all subscribers, either, especially if
you are going to lie like you do in this post.