Le lundi 16 avril 2007 à 10:05, brian d foy écrivait:
> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Shlomi Fish
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Can you give me static HTML hosting for http://perl-begin.berlios.de/ on
> > perl.org?

A DNS entry with a VirtualHost should be enough, anyway. No need to be
hosted anywhere else than on your own system.

> > Moreover, I'd like it to gain a more official status:
>
> There's no such thing as an "official status". Perlmonks, for instance,
> does just fine with its own domain. Why not get your own domain and
> stop swimming against the current? Perl beginners don't care what your
> domain name is.

I guess for people outside the "core" Perl community it means something
to be hosted on perl.org.

I'm not sure that "core Perl community" means anything specific, but
for me that would be people who that never go to the conferences, who do
not know there is a Perl Monger group in their city, who do not know
about the Perl Review, use.perl and a few other community things.

And I'm pretty sure it's a large number of the Perl user base.

> Some mistakes you make pertinent to me:

I haven't looked at Shlomi's web site, so I'm not saying his site should
or should not get that perl.org suffix. I'm just trying to make the
point that there are certainly a lot of people out there who think that
being hosted on perl.org is official.

And advocacy is specifically about reaching those people out there who
aren't already part of the Perl community, isn't it?

--
 Philippe "BooK" Bruhat

 Out of the worst can often come the best.