On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 10:44:10AM +0000, Tim Bunce wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 10:00:26PM -0600, Andy Lester wrote:
> >
> > On Jan 24, 2008, at 9:50 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> >
> >> Anyone doing anything to counter this misconception?
> >>
> >>  http://www.nautis.com/2007/08/17/cms-review-bricolage/
> >>
> >> Note that blog comments that say, "you're wrong!" are more harmful than
> >> helpful. I mean is there a report or something with real data to show
> >> otherwise?
> >
> > He's just making it up: "For all of its strengths, perl seems to be going
> > the way of the dinosaur. Most new, open source talent is being funneled
> > into Java, PHP, Ruby, and Python."  That second sentence is a guess at
> > best.
> >
> > If anyone wants to write an opposing editorial/article, I'd be glad to post
> > it up on perlbuzz.com.
>
> I may be speaking on matters perlish at the Irish Web Tech Conference in Feb.
> Perl seems to have a pretty low profile in web development in Ireland,
> so I certainly won't be preaching to the converted - assuming anyone
> turns up to my session!

I've submitted a proposal to speak at XTech in Dublin in May. That'll
be another perl-sceptical audience.

I called it "Perl and Parrot - Baseless Myths and Startling Realities" :)

I've also finally got myself one of those new-fangled "blog" thingies over
at http://timbunce.wordpress.com/ and I've posted the abstract there.

I'd appreciate comments and suggestions.

Tim.