Hi!

On Monday 07 April 2008, Philippe Bruhat (BooK) wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 05, 2008 at 05:38:58PM +0200, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > Python is not the enemy, and even if it was, this isn't an American
> > election.
>
> Actually, they are so much NOT the enemy, that the French Perl Mongers
> are trying to set up an OSDC.fr event with the French Python and Ruby
> communities.

Just to clear up the subject, I don't think that Python is the enemy either.
We already had one Israeli OSDC conference after three YAPCs:

http://www.osdc.org.il/

It was successful and very fun. In 2007 we didn't have another one
unfortunately, and instead opted for a lower-profile, Perl-specific, one-day
and one-track Israeli Perl Workshop.

I should note that I was also the one who jump-started the Israeli Python
meetings, albeit I passed the baton of chief Python organiser to someone
else, who is actually a Pythoneer.

I'm not using Python much, so I'm not fluent in it, and so far don't like
writing in it too much, but it's a good language and technology.

I still think that the "NASA Using Python" thing as presented is misleading.
However, this thread gave me a really wicked idea for a parody site (not just
of http://www.python.org/ of course), which I'm planning to take forward.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish      [EMAIL PROTECTED]