On the topic of success stories, there are a couple of issues that you
might want to take into account. I don't want this to sound like a
criticism of your idea. It's more of an observation.

1. Writing up the success story takes a fair amount of work.

I actually did a couple of these for O'Reilly some time ago. Writing
this stuff is hard for several reasons. Some are political:

 - Company doesn't want to publish info about "proprietary" processes.
 - Company doesn't want to be associated with "old, non-hip" technology.

A good success story is more about marketing than it is about technical
content and some of us find that very difficult.

2. Good success stories are harder to find.

In addition, most of the best successes I've had with Perl have not
been things that are easy to write up. There's a lot of plumbing and
"grunt work" that is done in Perl that makes things run but doesn't
make a good "success story".

There are also a number of "one off" scripts that we've all seen
recover from a disaster, that would also not make a good success story
(even if the company would let us publish about it).

When you finally do get a good success story, your company may not want
to let the cat out of the bag. (See the point above.)

All in all, I would really like to see more Perl success stories, but
I'm actually not surprised that we don't.

Unfortunately, Perl does not seem to have attracted or retained the
kind of "cheerleader" or "evangelist" types that find this kind of
writing and such easier. Hopefully, you will have some luck restarting
this process.

In the meantime, I use Perl as a tool to get some of my work done and
promote it as a tool to solve problems where I can.

G. Wade

--
A tautology is a thing which is tautological.