On Sat, Apr 05, 2008 at 03:52:31PM +0300, Shlomi Fish wrote:

> If you go to http://www.python.org/ you'll see at the top-right corner a
> picture of an astronaut with the title "NASA uses Python...".

Cool!

> However, I'd still like to see this removed from the Python homepage, because
> it's a statement that is misleading to the uninitiated and lacks integrity.

On the interweb?  Surely you jest!

> I could post a rant about it on one of my blogs and hope that reddit, digg,
> etc. catch it and a flamewar (probably completely tangential to the issue at
> hand) ensues. Or I could try contacting the Python advocacy list (is there
> any) or the python.org webmasters. The latter seems a more civil course of
> action to me, but I may be met with apathy or antagonism.
>
> What do you suggest?

Personally I wouldn't bother.  Do we really care?

If we're talking about advocacy, let's advocate.  I suspect that a good
thesaurus would list protest and criticise as antonyms of advocate.

I also suspect that if I couldn't program in Perl then I'd mouch rather
program in Python than the large majority of languages which are common
in job ads at the moment.

Python is not the enemy, and even if it was, this isn't an American
election.

--
Paul Johnson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.pjcj.net