Thanks Peter, but I'm not sure I'm following.

I would like to address how the companies Google Ads, Firebase, Google
Analytics, and Google Tag Manager account were all made with an email like
mycomp...@gmail.com
They were able to establish all of these environments and build atop of
them without being required comply with the workspace requirement that
emails are internal. They're all using mycomp...@gmail.com with no
'governing body,' so to speak.

So now we have all of these different tools under the email address
mycomp...@gmail.com.

If I want to link all of these under a governing body, like a workspace,
and utilize the benefits of a workspace -- how can we do that without
rebuilding everything over this email issue?
I can't add mycomp...@gmail.com to the newly created workspace because its
not an @mycompany.com email.

-- Are you perhaps suggesting that I make some kind of manager account, say
goo...@mycompany.com and link mycomp...@gmail.com to it? That's exactly
what I tried doing with the workspace, but it would not allow this.

On Friday, October 7, 2022 at 11:25:08 AM UTC-7 adsapi wrote:

> Hi Chad,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> Yes, the other authentication flows should be sufficient for your app and
> as long as the conditions mentioned in this guide
> <https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/oauth2#expiration> are
> avoided. However, should it ever expire, you can simply follow this
> configuration
> <https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/oauth/client-library>
> guide to recreate the refresh token.
>
> Moving forward to your remaining clarification, you may refer to my
> response below :
>

> *So what are my options for linking all of this into a workspace? Do we
> need to restart from scratch? That would be quite troublesome." I'd still
> like to know the solution to this, as we may like to use the workspace for
> other reasons in the future. Are we stuck with the only option of
> restarting?*
>
> If the @gmail account you are referring to is an email address or user
> that is associated or has access
> <https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/9978556?visit_id=638007612260727718-1168930683&rd=1>
>
> to your MCC/manager account, you can setup your OAuth2 flow by first
> creating the client ID and client secret
> <https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/oauth/cloud-project#create_a_client_id_and_client_secret>,
>
> while logged in as that @gmail account. You can then follow this
> configuration
> <https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/oauth/client-library>
> guide in order to supply the credentials and refresh token into a file that
> your application can read when performing the authentication of your API
> requests.
>
> Having these credentials made by a user or email address associated to
> your MCC/manager account should then allow you to perform API requests to
> any of the sub accounts under your MCC/manager account's hierarchy.
>
> On the other hand, if the credentials are made by a user or email address
> that only has access to a single sub-account, those credentials can then
> only be used to perform actions on that sub account.
>
> Best regards,
>
> [image: Google Logo]
> Peter Laurence
> Google Ads API Team