Around here they'll charge you property tax on them.

On 3/4/2019 11:34 AM, ch...@wbmfg.com wrote:
You own them, they could be revenue if built to the standards of someone wanting to rent them.
I don’t know of a recurring permit fee to put up poles or bury cable.
*From:* Steve Jones
*Sent:* Monday, March 4, 2019 9:29 AM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Fiber - ROI
If you are in an empty ROW, what happens if you put up your own poles? Is this now a source of potential revenue, or do you still own them? Is there a recurring permit fee to place poles? On Sat, Mar 2, 2019 at 9:34 AM Mark - Myakka Technologies <m...@mailmt.com> wrote:

    Chris,

    We went with standard 1x2 and 1x4 splitters.  If I remember, I'll
    post our diagram when I get to the office on Monday.

    --
    Best regards,
    Mark mailto:m...@mailmt.com

    Myakka Technologies, Inc.
    www.MyakkaTech.com <http://www.MyakkaTech.com>

    ------

    Friday, March 1, 2019, 11:48:53 AM, you wrote:

        Chuck
    Here is a quick sketch of the optical tap split we use. Each
    handhole uses a custom ratio FBT splitter to peel off a small bit
    of light from the mainline fiber, and then a normal PLC to break
    that up further to the required number of customers. If you are at
    all familiar with CATV this is essentially the same thing that
    coax taps do, just with light. The appropriate FBT ratio has to be
    picked at each handhole, and it steps up in % as you go down the
    line.

    You can chain as many as 15-20 of these taps in a line using just
    one mainline strand, depending on split ratio, distance, and GPON
    optical budget. We run ZTE using class C++ OLT optics and run this
    system out to about 30km and still can split to cover about 20
    houses over a mile of road.

    We normally run rural mainline direct buried. When your mainlin
    cable is 18 cents a foot  35 cents for duct just blows the budget
    plus it adds another work step blowing or pulling the cable into
    the duct.