So you think they can get ip6 to work on dos within 10 years?  I bet it takes
them longer than that.

From: AF [mailto:af-boun...@af.afmug.com] On Behalf Of Steve Jones
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2019 2:21 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Buying new IP space

yeah, no.
.gov agencies still run dos
10 years at best til the ones that matter will be organized enough to shut down
ip4 access

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 2:12 PM Dennis Burgess via AF
<af@af.afmug.com<mailto:af@af.afmug.com>> wrote:
Keep in mind that IPv6 will be necessary within 2-4 years, if the .govs
shutdown access via v4 for security reasons.  No more FCC/ IRS or any .GOV
unless over v6.  Note that the current plan is 2-3 years, I have given it an
extra year for measure!

V6 should be deployed NOW.   Not later, when you HAVE TO.  Then you will be
making mistakes etc.

[LTI-Full_175px]
Dennis Burgess, Mikrotik Certified Trainer
MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE, MTCINE, MTCSE, HE IPv6 Sage, Cambium ePMP Certified
Author of "Learn RouterOS- Second Edition”
Link Technologies, Inc -- Mikrotik & WISP Support Services
Office: 314-735-0270  Website:
http://www.linktechs.net<http://www.linktechs.net/>
Create Wireless Coverage’s with
www.towercoverage.com<http://www.towercoverage.com>