Are those pre-owned / refurb?

On 11/21/2019 12:57 AM, Cassidy B. Larson wrote:
I’m able to get 10 Cisco ASR920s for under 10k from Cisco.  Just depends on who your account team is, and how much business you do.  Just like Streakwave, Winncom, etc.

On Nov 20, 2019, at 8:10 PM, Sterling Jacobson <sterl...@avative.net <mailto:sterl...@avative.net>> wrote:

Uh, yeah.
$10k doesn’t buy me enough functionality.
Would need 10 of those.
*From:*AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com <mailto:af-boun...@af.afmug.com>>*On Behalf Of*Josh Baird
*Sent:*Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:54 PM
*To:*AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com <mailto:af@af.afmug.com>>
*Subject:*Re: [AFMUG] MPLS
Why? Price?
On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 7:53 PM Sterling Jacobson <sterl...@avative.net <mailto:sterl...@avative.net>> wrote:

    No thanks.
    *From:*AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com
    <mailto:af-boun...@af.afmug.com>>*On Behalf Of*Gino A. Villarini
    *Sent:*Wednesday, November 20, 2019 5:12 PM
    *To:*AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com
    <mailto:af@af.afmug.com>>
    Time to grow up… Juniper ACX or Cisco ASR920
    *From:*AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com
    <mailto:af-boun...@af.afmug.com>> on behalf of Sterling Jacobson
    <sterl...@avative.net <mailto:sterl...@avative.net>>
    *Reply-To:*AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com
    <mailto:af@af.afmug.com>>
    *Date:*Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 4:10 PM
    *To:*AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com
    <mailto:af@af.afmug.com>>
    Well put.
    Capacity/speed is an issue with me, so I think I introduced some
    possible bottlenecks above 4.5Gbps using MPLS/VPLS in my own
    network which is Mikrotik.
    VPLS endpoints I don’t think were/are hardware offloaded, so
    required some great CPU capacity at the edge and core for large
    transport.
    I also think I had MTU issues with so many layers of “layer2”
    stuff going on inside and outside of MPLS tunnels, native
    interfaces, VPLS endpoints, bridges and VRRP interfaces along
    with VLAN at some endpoints.
    However, with the right equipment (not Mikrotik) MPLS is fully
    capable and large networks use them to diversely traverse
    redundant paths back to a central core.
    My problem also was geo-diverse BGP cores to different providers
    as stated below.
    I was running EVERYTHING on a Mikrotik 1072 CCR, lol!
    It still drives me crazy hunting down issues where I still have
    MPLS/OSPF/BGP/VRRP/VLAN on one device across multiple interfaces,
    lol!