I don't see how it can be a lot cheaper. Ignoring potential differences in
licensing/coordination, last I checked a complete AF11 link with all the
parts is somewhere in the neighborhood of $3k (for the hardware only). It
looks to me like I can get an Aviat WTM 4100 with dual carrier enabled for
a bit over $7k total. I'm assuming that I'm going to be able to license
adjacent channels on the same polarity on most paths that I can license two
full AF11 links, and that's going to yield similar capacity.
To me, it seems well worth the difference  in price to get better radios
and not have to deal with an extra set of dishes. Granted, having two sets
of radios does give you a redundancy advantage, but I'd still rather have
better radios.