So that is exactly what I'm going to do after talking with Jim Bouse... it's quick, dirty, and gets some AF24s out of my warehouse. Once we crest above 1.4 we'll probably go to Aviat.

On 1/19/20 11:12 PM, Kurt Fankhauser wrote:
How long are your 11ghz links that you want to get more throughput on? I have a couple 11ghz links that are 3-4 miles that i want to get about 1.4gbps on and I already have one AF11X link up and  I was thinking about putting a AF24 link right on top of that and doing ECMP load balancing between the two links. I'll have the AF24 radio's set up to drop ethernet ports if modulation drops to 500mbps that way traffic will fully fail over to the 11ghz link and hopefully be able to carry the traffic for the 5 minutes max that the AF24 link is out.

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 3:30 PM Ken Hohhof <af...@kwisp.com <mailto:af...@kwisp.com>> wrote:

    Sorry, you’re right.____

    __ __

    My brain keeps getting confused by Ubiquiti’s claims of “1.2+ Gbps
    throughput” and “greatest spectral efficiency in its class”.  It’s
    hard to compare Ubiquiti (or Mimosa) licensed band radios to all the
    rest.  I guess you can view it as “thinking outside the box” or “get
    back in the damn box”.____

    __ __

    *From:* AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com
    <mailto:af-boun...@af.afmug.com>> *On Behalf Of *Mathew Howard
    *Sent:* Sunday, January 19, 2020 1:56 PM
    *To:* AFMUG <af@af.afmug.com <mailto:af@af.afmug.com>>
    *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] 11 ghz combiner____

    __ __

    You would need dual carrier, because I'm talking about using the
    single core Aviat radios, to keep it as cheap as possible. An AF11
    link can typically do ~700M one direction (using both polarities),
    which is about the same as each 80mhz channel on an Aviat.____

    __ __

    On Sun, Jan 19, 2020, 1:36 PM Ken Hohhof <af...@kwisp.com
    <mailto:af...@kwisp.com>> wrote:____

I would also run link performance analysis on both approaches. Or at least consider 2 antennas instead of splitters with the
        airFiber approach.____

        ____

        If I take one of my Cambium CCDP (XPIC) links and change it to
        ACCP in LinkPlanner, it knocks 9 dB out of the system gain.  I
        assume due to the additional loss of the splitters instead of
        OMTs.  And with AF11X radios compared to something like Aviat
        you are already starting out with lower system gain.  At least
        with separate antennas you don’t need the splitters.____

        ____

        I’m also not seeing why you would need dual carrier on Aviat to
        match the throughput of two AF11X radios, just make sure you are
        comparing apples to apples.  In other words, full duplex
        capacity, not aggregate.  Maybe I’m not familiar enough with the
        Ubiquiti and Aviat radios, but it seems to me the appropriate
        cost comparison would be 2 x AF11X vs 1 x single carrier Aviat.____

        ____

        ____