I also did mine through commscope as well and yes a it take a bit to get thru it but its not a rush thing and the online testing is monitored very well.

On 1/21/20 5:39 PM, David Coudron wrote:

I did it online through Commscope.   It goes pretty fast.   Online sessions and test are a big afternoon to a full day.   Keep in mind that it is a permanent relationship between who you get certified through and yourself as a certified individual.  Not a one time class and you are done with them.   You will have an ongoing relationship to keep your CPI credentials.   It isn’t too big a deal, but some folks might want to work with a company to get CPI certified that they already have a relationship with since their ID is tied to the training company that certifies them.

My advice would be to do it online when you can and not waste time at WISPAmerica on it.   No reason to wait for WISPAmerica from what I can tell.   Steve did the same I think.   Steve any thoughts on that?

Regards,

David Coudron

*From:* AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> *On Behalf Of * Ken Hohhof
*Sent:* Tuesday, January 21, 2020 5:27 PM
*To:* 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group' <af@af.afmug.com>
*Subject:* [AFMUG] CPI training & exam

Has anyone here taken the CPI training, either online or in person?  Any recommendation which is best?  I’m thinking online would be more self-paced, but WISPA is offering in person at WISPAmerica.  However that likely means staying an extra day.

Also what format does the exam take?  Is it in person if you take the course in person?  Online at a later date?  Retake if you fail?  Does anyone fail?