From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Seth Mattinen
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2020 3:43 PM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] MDU tenants sharing WiFi

On 1/24/20 13:33, Ken Hohhof wrote:
> Can't allow it.  Your customer has agreed to your TOS, the freeloaders
have not.  If you get a DMCA notice or a subpoena for hacking or kiddie porn
or soliciting sex with a minor or terrorism or whatever, you need to deal
with your customer.  Can't do that with the freeloaders.  Customer should
also understand there is a maybe slim but nonzero chance of a SWAT team
breaking down his door and handcuffing him and his family at gunpoint if one
of his neighbors is engaging in terrorist activities with his Internet
connection.

Kids being dicks and swatting someone who pissed them off online too.

I've had one that had cops come looking for a fugitive. Customer said it
wasn't him. I said you're the contracted customer which makes you
responsible, which means it's your problem to explain to them that you're
not harboring their fugitive because I don't care.