This is actually pretty simple:

Split the CAT5 into two, two pairs per radio, put the pairs on the data
line.   At the bottom use a 24V gigabit capable injector which puts the
power on the data pairs.  We have a couple at PacketFlux, Chuck makes a
couple, and there are others available.   The goal here is to get the 24V
riding the data line along with the data.    So effectively you have two
10/100 capable links up with power on them.

At the top, you reverse the process....  get a device which will pull the
power off of the data pairs, probably one of them from Chuck.   (See
800-GigE-PoE as an example).   Plug the cable from the bottom in the PoE
port, then build yourself a cable for the radio which puts the extracted
power on 4,5,7,8 and the data pins where they belong.

You could also use a single midspan Gigabit PoE injector at the bottom with
power on all 4 pairs, then remove it using a similar one at the top.   Then
your long CAT5 stays unsplit, and the splitting and PoE mess is all in a
single cable harness.   To do this you'd take two cat5 cables, and then
wire the 1,2,3,6 pairs from each cable into a single RJ45 (putting one on
1,2,3,6 and the other on 4,5,7,8) which gets plugged into the non-PoE side
of the extractor.   Then the remaining 4,5,7,8 wires you'd connect to the
power which came out of the PoE extractor at the top.     The bottom
harness would be similar but for simplicity you can just put 24V in the
injector and not connect 4,5,7,8 on either CAT5.   Now I think about this,
this is what I'd probably do and just use a single 800-GigE-PoE top and
bottom.

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 9:17 AM Matt <matt.mailingli...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a case where I need to power up two separate Cambium 24 volt
> SMs on rooftop but only need 100base to each.  Its very difficult to
> run the second wire at this location which I need.  Anyone know of way
> to split the cat5 at bottom and top to do this?  Not likely but
> thought I would ask.

- Forrest