Anything that's more than ~1 mile is going to drop (at least occasionally,
unless it never rains) with either 80ghz or 24ghz, and realistically, if a
storm takes down an 80ghz link it's going to take down a 24ghz link to...
it might only be down 5 minutes instead of 6 minutes, but it's still going
to go down.

If we ignore rain fade, then 80ghz actually should have significantly
better range than 24ghz, because the allowed EIRP is so much higher.