Yep. When I lived in Salt Lake designing the Leap Wireless (Cricket) cell
network there in 2000-2001 I was contracting with Lucent. There were
biweekly "team" meetings that lasted 4-5 hours each that were mostly the
site aqc and construction teams talking about stuff that I didn't need my
RF Team wasting their time listening to. After the second week of the that,
I told my engineers they didn't need to attend anymore, and eventually I
told them I could  only be there for 1/2 hour each week to give a status
update. Otherwise I was available by phone call or email. I can't stand
projects run by committee and is probably why I haven't worked for anyone
else long term since 2003. My buddy who rents an office from me is an Azure
cloud solutions architect. Brilliant guy, but got placed as a team lead for
AT&T's azure solutions. He spends about 6 hours a day on conference calls.
I would have slit my wrists by now if I were him. I just couldn't do it.