I just finished a 330,000' fiber build for one of the largest companies in the world. I had to suffer through weekly (or more often) conference calls with project managers like this. I will never work for them again. Nobody knows anything but they mask it by having to take it up with their "team" and get back to you.

For example we spent 6 weeks last summer in discussions as to how many leading zeros on the handhole marker post labels. I voted for zero as that would make the significant digits down in the weeds. They went with 4 leading zeros.

Yep, now at normal highway speeds you cannot read them. Many of them you have to get out of the vehicle and walk over to read the digits....

-----Original Message----- From: Brian Webster
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2020 10:42 AM
To: 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group'
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT an honest query

Having had to deal with Google on their Fiber builds in California...... I can attest to that. Rooms full of 30 somethings who talk to themselves and believe their own hype. Try to tell them about any reality and they just say, we are Google that can't stop us...... They learned that their name was not the magic word. Those pesky zoning, building and pole engineering requirements didn't know who Google was......and they really didn't care either.

Thank you,
Brian Webster
www.wirelessmapping.com