I need to be a bit clearer in that I'm not really sure what version this
customer is running.   The question about 15.x /16.x came from a couple of
oldish threads which indicated that something broke early in 15, and that
it still wasn't fixed in 16.   But I found that unlikely to still be the
case another year or two on.   In these year-and-a-bit old threads, the
report was that one had to go back to very early in 15.x to "fix" this
issue.   But like I've said before in this paragraph - I find this unlikely
to still be the case - I just was hoping to verify that this wasn't a
common knowledge issue that DFS was broken on 16.x.

I know this customer has been in contact with Cambium.   Based on our
conversations with the customer so far, I get the impression that for some
reason they've decided this is a sync issue.   I don't know if this is a
customer determination or if Cambium has told them this.  I like your word
dubious as I'm skeptical as well, but I'm also not one to dismiss a
possible cause until I fully rule it out, as they could be 100% correct.

I could see where if you have an AP with sync broken intermittently
(especially if you have freerun on), you might end up with a DFS event as a
result of things just not being in sync.   But I have reason to believe
this isn't the case with any of their AP's - at least not the ones I have
seen the GPS status screen on the RackInjector for.

I could also see where a stray pulse or two may be misinterpreted by the AP
to be the correct alignment and have the same effect with causing AP to
transmit out of sync as well.  But generally, the radios should ignore
these as they're very rare (and exist in both the PacketFlux and official
Cambium gear, so if it's a problem with mine, it should be a problem with
the official gear as well).

And I agree with you 100% about a dislike for DFS.  I have a feeling that
this customer isn't going to help me change my opinion.

- Forrest