"against the will of the local citizens"

I went searching for Portland citizens calling for federal response and I'm not finding it.  I did unexpectedly find more than one of them claiming it's not really a big deal, and that there's trouble downtown but 3 blocks away everything is business as usual.

Anyway.....do you have a citation for that?