How do you seal it up with the existing fiber in there to be able to blow it? How much PSI do you use? Will a portable air compressor be enough? Other end of the conduit is in a building, so I can only blow the mud 1 way :)

On 8/19/2020 4:30 PM, ch...@wbmfg.com wrote:
Use compressed air to blow water through it. Once you get it flushed your fish tape might go.

-----Original Message----- From: Nate Burke
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 3:19 PM
To: Animal Farm
Subject: [AFMUG] Locating mud filled conduit

Anybody have secrets for locating mud filled conduit?  Trying to locate
a 1" poly with a non-toneable fiber installed in it. No trace wire
installed. Conduit is full of Mud, and at the bottom of a handhole that
is also filled with Mud.  Conduit goes from handhole under a parking
lot, so digging to find it isn't an option either. We were not involved
in the installation of this conduit, but it is now our problem.

We got a flat steel fish tape pushed in just far enough to finish the
current locate request, but it's not going any farther.  At some point
in the future I'm probably going to get a locate request further down
the conduit path.  What super-secret method do you guys that live and
breath underground work have for dealing with this?