Now that I think about it - I wonder if my plan of C would be a way to reduce
income taxes too on the amount received?

Either by funneling the money through the company and paying the employees or
having the buying company write a check to each of the key employees.

I’m not sure which would yield better results for everyone.

The way I look at it though - I don’t have hard partners. That often leads to
problems. But everyone who sticks with the company and especially if they make
a career out of it should be compensated nicely - both each year out of
proceeds they helped make as well as out of a major sale if it ever happens.

If anyone here has ever worked for a company where the owner sold and got 2
million and you had worked there for 10 years building it up —— well, how did
you feel?  Slap in the face.