On 8/23/20 5:24 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote:
We had one farm where we got the 3 phases, one wild, but no neutral. Luckily when we asked Phoenix Contact, they said we could connect L and N of the power supply we were using (actually a TRIO UPS) to L1 and L2.

Ungrounded, corner grounded, and center tap delta are all acceptable ways of wiring three phase. Always bring a meter and be aware of the different types.

It happens a lot that electricians (who should know better) throw breaker in the "empty" slot in the panel which ends up being the wild leg.