I dont think people understand value, just an arbitrary per hour number.
Most of the "unregistered citizens" around here live 20 or more to a rental
house. They dont have iphones and xboxes and every streaming service under
the sun and claim a living wage is what's required.
They eat together, buy in bulk.
Their wages arent anywhere near as low as people assume. Their costs and
needs are so low, that at minimum wage taxes, or cash untaxed. They have
more free capital than most middle class americans.

I think that's why they're always smiling, they look at us, looking at them
from our debt saddle thinking they're dumb as we go bankrupt on 5 times
their wage.

It sucks one side of our country doesnt want them coming in legally,
specifically to keep them down as political pawns and the other side only
wants them coming in legally but wont open the fucking door.