From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Chuck McCown via AF
Sent: Tuesday, December 1, 2020 11:12 AM
To: 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group' <af@af.afmug.com>
Cc: Chuck McCown <ch...@go-mtc.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Ot: the milk rabbit hole

I used to have to crank my fricking arm off churning butter as a kid.  Hot
summer days.  I think it was warm milk from the cow.  Left to set so the cream
would separate and then we churned it.  My folks had a cream separator but my
brother ran used engine oil through it to see if he could reclaim it.  Nope...
We only milked one cow by the time I came along so the separator was not needed.

Made lotsa cottage cheese too.  Not something I ever ate.

I didn't even like butter back then.  But I did enjoy the manufacturing
process.  Severely lactose intolerant.  I still have psychological aversions to
eating creamy sauces and soups.  I love them, my wife makes killer mushroom
soup.  So it is a bit of Russian roulette as to whether the soup turns into a
diet meal or not.  (TMI ?)