On 12/11/20 13:21, Steve Jones wrote:
Am I reading all this right? Redhat officially killed centos and its tombstoned in 2021?

Everything I run is centos. It's not like I know centos but I have my resource sets on where to go to resolve anything that pops up.

Is this just a normal thing in the linux world where something is ended but actually just rebrands and keeps going or is it a legit end of the OS?

It happens. Someone will probably fork it and make up a new distro if that hasn't happened already. IMO the main reason to use CentOS was because it was rebuilt RHEL.

I gave up on Red Hat about two releases into Fedora Core when it became obvious it was just rapidly changing garbage for testing on the peasants before bringing fixes into their commercial version.