Ubuntu is backed by Canonical, is based on Debian, and as for security I
would say Ubuntu is and has been more secure than CentOS and not as secure
as Debian.
But to be clear they are better like Jennifer Garner is hotter than
Jennifer Aniston. Sure, hotter, but you likely would be really happy with
either one of them.