Are you talking about a online faxing service, or a provider who supports T.38 well?

Voip Innovations provides a FAX<->Email service that works very well, but everything is via Email, no Web GUI. Sometimes people balk and sending financial or medical info via email.

Voip Innovations T.38 ratedeck has worked very well for us to install an ATA at the customer just plugged into a fax machine. I really hate doing that, but where I have to, it seems to work OK.

I still shy away from doing anything with Alarm circuits and VoIP.