We use the same BNG for all our residential subs in a market.  GPON, Active
Ethernet, and Fixed Wireless.  Some of the fixed wireless stuff requires a
hack to run the CVLANS through another box to add the second tag but that's
cheap and easy enough. A Netonix 6 mini hanging off a switch can do it with
either 0x88a8 or a second 0x8100 tag.  Cambium supports QinQ natively.

On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 2:36 PM D. Bernardi <dberna...@zitomedia.net> wrote:

> Thanks.  This seems fairly common on GPON
> networks as well so you could use this feature
> for both GPON and Fixed Wireless on the same BGN.
>

> At 01:59 PM 6/18/2021, you wrote:
> >Juniper.  We have a MX5 in production and a
> >MX204 I'm setting up right now to replace it. Â
> >Subscriber management is additional
> >licensing.  Not sure if just dynamic interface
> >creation requires subscriber management
> >licensing.  I just looked on our production BNG
> >and it isn't using subscriber-vlan. Â
> >
> >subscriber-accounting
> >Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  1Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  1 Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  0Â  Â
> permanent
> >
> >Â  subscriber-authentication
> >Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  0Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  1 Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  0Â  Â  permanent
> >
> >Â  subscriber-address-assignment
> >Â  Â  Â  Â  1Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  1 Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  0Â  Â  permanent
> >
> >Â  subscriber-vlan
> >Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  0Â  Â  Â  Â  Â
> >Â  1 Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  0Â  Â  permanent

> ><
> https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junose15.1/topics/concept/dynamic-interfaces-overview.html
> >
> https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junose15.1/topics/concept/dynamic-interfaces-overview.html
> >
> >On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 12:34 PM D. Bernardi
> ><<mailto:dberna...@zitomedia.net>dberna...@zitomedia.net> wrote:
> >At 12:35 PM 6/18/2021, Carl Peterson wrote:
> > >We've gone full circle - Flat to fully routed to
> > >MPLS/VPLS over a routed network back to
> > >flat.  You hit a scaling issue with routed
> > >networks as you hit 10G and above, especially if
> > >you aren't using Mikrotik or other  low cost
> > >routing.  Real carrier grade switching is a lot
> > >lower cost, lower power, and much easier to manage. Â
> > >
> > >Every customer has their own dedicated circuit
> > >(SVLAN.CVLAN).  The corresponding interface on
> > >the BNG is dynamically created for the
> > >subscriber with attributes out of radius.  Â
> > >Something like this isn't the right answer at
> > >100 customers but you should consider it or
> > >something like it once you go north of a few k subs.  Â
> >

> >What are you using for the BNG and does it
> >require an additional license for dynamic interface creation?
> >

> >--
> >

> >--
> >
> >Carl Peterson
> >
> >PORT NETWORKS