Propane fridges, water heater, clothes dryers and space heaters are a pretty
good solution for off grid.  Obviously if you have enough solar you don’t need
any of them but for the money, I think that is the best use of the dollar.

From: Steven Kenney via AF
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2022 10:43 AM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
Cc: Steven Kenney
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT: Major off topic. Off grid home

Consider a fridge that runs on either electric or propane like RV's.  They work
great.

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 5:10 AM Chuck McCown via AF <af@af.afmug.com> wrote:

  Say a similar on grid home used 500 kWh per month. That is equivalent to a
steady state load of almost 700 watts.  Round up to 1kW.  So 10 kW panel
minimum.  Panels are cheap these days.  I would do 20kW if you can.  Batts are
not so cheap.  That is where you can save some big money with a modest
generator.  Propane is nice.

  Sent from my iPhone

  > On Jan 19, 2022, at 2:45 AM, Chuck McCown via AF <af@af.afmug.com> wrote:

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY This communication, including any attachments, is
intended only for the use of the addressee(s) to this email and is
confidential. If you are not an intended recipient or acting on behalf of an
intended recipient, any review, disclosure, conversion to hard copy,
dissemination, reproduction or other use of any part of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you receive this communication in error or without
authorization, please notify the originator immediately and remove it from your
system.