ok, I will give the real answer before saying buy a used iPad

The Pixel5 you have has 8GB of ram and that tablet only has 3GB of ram
running bigger versions of everything
top that with a much worse MediaTek CPU in the  Samsung over the better
snapdragon in the Pixel5
and the better GPU in the pixel 5

That is why the tablet is slow

That being said iPad tight hardware-software integration allows for much
lower RAM and better GPU RDP will run much smoother even on an older iPad

I was a die-hard android fan for years but as of late unless you have a
flagship android device at the $700 or more price point they all have added
spam including even Oppo (same as one plus) and lower-end Samsung devices
which are probably also adding to your poor experience