But until major content providers become only IPV6, not seeing a reason to
implement.

From: dmmoff...@gmail.com
Sent: Monday, March 6, 2023 12:00 PM
To: 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group'
Cc: 'Chuck McCown'
Subject: RE: [AFMUG] SFP+ cage extender

IPv6 adoption is accelerating.  All the major content providers and transit
providers are dual stack.

The weak link seems to be consumer routers.  I had to buy 3 that all said
“IPv6” on the box to get one that actually did dual stack correctly out of the
box.

  a.. The first one did IPv6 on the WAN interface, but didn’t distribute a V6
address to the LAN….so what good is that exactly?  No idea.
  b.. The second one only supported the 6RD “Rapid Deployment” model of IPv6.
If you were going to pick just one mode to implement in a router why would you
pick that one over dual stack?
The third one worked fine.  So 1 for 3.  And I was specifically looking for
ones that said IPv6 on the package.

So many routers come with IPv6 disabled, broken, or only with a weird partial
implementation.  If the SOHO router vendors get with the program then CGNAT
will become a secondary function. Until then, yes, keep gloating Sir.