Certifications situation sucks, the boss wont pay and I dont have the
dough, I make just enough to be ineligible for the free government dough,
but thats kind of the american way

Thats what im still trying to grasp, is the point of the employee pay to
keep up the same purchasing power through minimal cost of living or to
progressively increase it. I know it varies by economy and industry and
area, but just curious in general from the employer perspective, I know
from my employee perspective I want to be able to jack my house up and dig
a new 10 foot basement.