we (not me) ha a couple of 2' Radiowaves hight performance antennas on a
pipe held in place with hose clamps, but it was legit and safe because
there were also zipties

--
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the
parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you