On 10/28/14, 7:31 AM, Adam Moffett via Af wrote:
This is the first time I've ever taken a very close look at the
management page on one of the APC's here.  I had been thinking they were
somebody else's problem.

Why do I see "Load in Watts" with a value of 10.4%?  My first thought
was maybe the % was a typo, but 10.4 watts sounds too low. Second
thought was maybe it's 10.4% of 1500VA....but that sounds too high.  No
matter what it makes no sense.  Anybody know what I'm supposed to learn
by reading this? (other than the programmer failed English)

That's a percentage of full load watts, adjusted for power factor, which on APC should be .8 of the VA rating. The VA is a bigger number and thus used for marketing. Nicer UPS systems will have variable PF and should display that value, too. Real power vs. apparent power in non-linear loads, so pretty much all computer equipment.

~Seth