From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Robbie Wright via Af
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2014 8:05 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Network monitor.

Yup, like Josh said. Observium is pretty sweet and good be awesomer. We've been
pushing on them for some better support for wireless devices but haven't got
any movement on it yet, even with quite a few offers to pay them. For us, we
use PRTG for critical devices to alter us in email, sms, etc because Observium
can only test every 5 minutes and still have some hokiness in alerting. But it
kicks butt at tracking traffic, 95th % stuff, and even things like tracking
firmware versions, and autodiscovery. We've integrated SmokePing into it for
some better ping stats and are working on using some of their unix agents for
bind, apache, and mysql. Rancid is on our list as well.

Robbie Wright
Siuslaw Broadband<http://siuslawbroadband.com>
541-902-5101

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 5:12 PM, Josh Reynolds via Af