Maybe why it works for me. My field laptop is Windows XP. An old reliable dog.

--
bp
<part {dash} 15 {at} SkylineBroadbandService {dot} com>

On 11/26/2014 6:02 AM, Shayne Lebrun via Af wrote:

Find an old laptop running windows XP or (even better) Windows 2000.

*From:*Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] *On Behalf Of *Josh Luthman via Af
*Sent:* Wednesday, November 26, 2014 8:38 AM
*To:* af@afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] SiteMonitor discovery IP or factory reset

I tried one of each.  No combo worked.

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343

On Nov 26, 2014 8:34 AM, "Jeremy via Af" <af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>> wrote:

Yeah, I must have missed that part.  Is this one of the old site monitors?

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 6:04 AM, Josh Luthman via Af <af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>> wrote:

That was a base2 though right?

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340 <tel:937-552-2340>
Direct: 937-552-2343 <tel:937-552-2343>

On Nov 26, 2014 12:59 AM, "Jeremy via Af" <af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>> wrote:

I actually had to use this tool on a site tonight. I used the new Ethernet Upgrade Tool for windows, was directly connected to the Ethernet port on my laptop. I pressed 'yeah I have read the blah blah blah' and then hit discover, it told me to reboot. I disconnected power 1 and 2 for a sec and when I plugged it back in it gave me the IP. Then I couldn't figure out the SNMP so I had to use it again to reset, same process. It worked perfectly both times.