From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of That One Guy via Af
Sent: Friday, December 5, 2014 4:42 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] SAF CFIP Lumina 11ghz setup

We havent used SAF or done licensed before

Im getting ready to bench configure this link, are there any caveats to it?

 As I understand it from the manual, these ship with transmit turned off, so
powering them up wont hurt anything, I just set them side by side with the
flanges facing upward and turn the power on to the minimum tx power, this wont
hurt them to be transmitting with no antenna load attached? If I leave them on
for an extended timeframe will it harm them in this fashion?

Im assuming the license gives use permission to install these at maximum radio
power? we dont have anything in hand from FCC so I dont know, all I know is we
have approval on the link.

Any gotchas to setting these up or installing them, beyond figuring out how to
get a 4 foot antenna to the top of the grain elevator without denting it

--

All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts
you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them