I've done tested and been recommended by SAF to take a box of paper (like a
handful of reams) and point the two ODUs at one another.  I've also put
them in two different rooms, but if they're not pointing at each other it
won't work.

I believe they'll operate just fine with signals up to +0.

The channels and tx power are on your PCN.  DO NOT EXCEED THEM.  The radio
is meant to work in multiple countries.

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
We havent used SAF or done licensed before

Im getting ready to bench configure this link, are there any caveats to it?
 As I understand it from the manual, these ship with transmit turned off,
so powering them up wont hurt anything, I just set them side by side with
the flanges facing upward and turn the power on to the minimum tx power,
this wont hurt them to be transmitting with no antenna load attached? If I
leave them on for an extended timeframe will it harm them in this fashion?

Im assuming the license gives use permission to install these at maximum
radio power? we dont have anything in hand from FCC so I dont know, all I
know is we have approval on the link.

Any gotchas to setting these up or installing them, beyond figuring out how
to get a 4 foot antenna to the top of the grain elevator without denting it

--
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the
parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you