From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Wireless Admin via
Af
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2014 10:26 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Well there goes all our bandwidth.
Amazonstreaming4Know.

I don't think this industry will ever get any respect. If most ISP's act
like data usage doesn't matter, how do you expect the customer to
conclude that it does.  Watching TV never had usage based consequences
so why would the public expect it would now just because the TV is
attached to the internet.  My brother in law and his family came over
for Thanksgiving He wanted the password for the wifi.  It wasn't long
before he was streaming from Netflix.  His daughter commented when he
started the movie "Make sure you pick HD Dad".  It wasn't 10 min into
the movie before another activity got everyone's attention the TV was
let to play as background noise for the family gathering.  Look how
bandwidth usage has change in the last several years alone.  Unless our
industry wakes up soon and starts charging for what we are providing
it's going to be a rough road.

Consequences are the only thing that will regulate the madness.  Usage
based billing is the ONLY way.

Steve B