http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finite-state_machine

-----Original Message----- From: Chuck McCown
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2015 9:49 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT - EE help please

In mind this is a finite state machine.  I would want to see an exhaustive
state diagram.

The circuit could be made using nothing but relays.
Or it could be made with a single eprom and some caps.
Or transistors and caps.
Or 74xx logic chips like flip flops.
Or a MCU chip or CPU based development board.

I think I could do this with pneumatics too.  Perhaps mousetraps and strings
too.

What happens if someone repeatedly presses just one button or two buttons?
If someone presses the first button, does it wait forever for someone to
press the second button or is there a timeout.  Etc etc etc.  State diagram
would be most helpful.