Sent: Friday, January 09, 2015 10:04 AM
To: Chuck McCown
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT - EE help please

Chuck,

I'll be working with the kids again tonight.  Hopefully we'll have
time to go in a bit more detail.  The 555 is appealing being it can
do many things.  We can use it as a timer, we can use it to flash
leds, etc.  The kids will only have to learn about the 555, caps and
resistors.

--
Best regards,
Mark                            mailto:m...@mailmt.com

Myakka Technologies, Inc.
www.MyakkaTech.com

Proud Sponsor of the Myakka City Relay For Life
http://www.RelayForLife.org/MyakkaCityFL

Please Donate at http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY12FL?team_id=1030009&pg=team&fr_id=37555
------

CM> In mind this is a finite state machine. I would want to see an exhaustive
CM> state diagram.

CM> The circuit could be made using nothing but relays.
CM> Or it could be made with a single eprom and some caps.
CM> Or transistors and caps.
CM> Or 74xx logic chips like flip flops.
CM> Or a MCU chip or CPU based development board.

CM> I think I could do this with pneumatics too. Perhaps mousetraps and strings
CM> too.

CM> What happens if someone repeatedly presses just one button or two buttons?
CM> If someone presses the first button, does it wait forever for someone to
CM> press the second button or is there a timeout. Etc etc etc. State diagram
CM> would be most helpful.

---